Monday, August 3, 2009

Random Things

Ok, look forward to an investigation of the chicken breast later this week, but I'm taking a break from the recipes today.

Here are my questions - some rhetorical, some not :)

1. Who cuts Kate Gosselin's hair? And why is it long in the front and spikey in the back? It's like a reverse mullet?

2. How come people don't often hold the door for you when you are trying to push a stroller into a store? I swear I don't run people over or hit them with my stroller, but I could use a little help getting in the door sometimes.

3. If you have children, what is your strategy for getting dinner on the table? I try to pick out recipes in advance, and then prep/set the table during naptime, anything else?

4. If your baby doesn't like a bottle, how do you persuade them that it isn't so bad?

5. Why is all the lemonade in LA so sweet? I like mine really tart with just a hint of sweet, and everything I've had (most particularly you, Barney Greengrass) is almost gritty with sugar.

6. Recommendations for a lightweight travel stroller?

7. Why do people go to the grocery store in their pjs? I give parents and the elderly a pass, but I am always confused by the college students - they have no responsibilities?

8. Why does the Food Network have so many shows that aren't about cooking? I love my chefs and want more from them!

9. What is your favorite flavor of doughnut? I haven't had one in ages, and I'm starting to have a major craving. I'm a coconut or plain cake doughnut kind of girl.

10. Is it bad that I just don't blow out my hair all that often?

Happy Monday - what are your burning questions?

5 comments:

  1. 1. Kate G's hair is called "the you go girl!" and it's so ugly I cannot think of who would claim doing it!!!
    2. Mystifies me. Why when we're pregnant do they open doors, but when the kids here NOTHING!
    3. Meal planning for the week, shopping one day and then just starting early with prep!
    4. stay with it and make them do it when they're HUNGRY!
    5.I am totally in agreement! Too sugary! We make out own cause we have a lemon tree!
    6. Mclaren
    7.So weird!
    8. No idea.
    9.I like sprinkles!
    10. Not blowing out your hair gives it a break and makes it healthier. Otherwise you'll end up like Kate G with the "you go girl!"
    See, brought it back full circle!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I took a picture of Kate to my hairstylist, kept a straight face, and asked for that cut. Wish you could have seen his face.
    2. You mean people are gonna stop being so nice to me?
    3. Must learn
    4. Must learn
    5. I'm with the Mrs. I make my own too.
    6. Macleran is what I've been told.
    7. Do I get a pass for doing this when it's really cold and weathery on a Saturday and I wear a fleece over p.j. pants that don't really look like p.j. pants?
    8. It's kind of like the music video...do they still make those?
    9. Original glazed 100% and like you I don't let myself indulge but since pregnant I have sent my husband for doughnuts on more that one occasion!
    10. No, it makes it so much more fun when you actually take the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall when you asked for the You go girl.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SP, that is hilarious! Thanks for the tips on the strollers and bottles - and I'm clearly going to need my own lemon tree for proper lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall when you asked for the You go girl.!!
    Domain registration india

    ReplyDelete