Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Room With A View



When you have a baby, your world becomes a little smaller for a few years. Not in a bad way, because small things like smiles and steps and coos are very precious. But, you aren't exactly footloose and fancy free to set out on adventures. We took a wonderful trip to Italy a few years ago, and I've been working on getting my photos onto DVD. Here are some. Just looking at them makes me nostalgic, but also excited for when we are ready as a family for some fun adventures.

I've been thinking more and more about how precious experiences are as gifts. I remember the trips I've taken so vividly, and I think they are so important.
We are planning a very small getaway this summer - just three nights (about the length of time Nana can wrangle the munchkin), so Italy probably won't be an option. I'm thinking the Caribbean - any advice? And, what is your favorite travel memory? I would kill for some pistachio gelato and prosecco right now :)

2 comments:

  1. a tie between the summer i spent studying at oxford and my trip to venice. both so beautiful and so fun!! and too hard to decide between a pimms cup and the bakery down the street from my dorm or gelato and prosecco :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend Turks & Caicos!

    ReplyDelete