Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Late to the party

I think I'm the only literate person in America who hasn't read the Twilight Saga. In late July, K and I both had hand foot and mouth - a particularly loathsome virus that gives you a fever and a bad sore throat. While in the throes of infection, and housebound, we watched Twilight. And I loved it!

The English nerd in me saw lots of similarities to my beloved Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. I felt a little silly checking out all the titles at the library, but then the librarian said it's the most popular series of books and that everyone has already read them.

Alright then. I'm on a mission to get caught up with the rest of America. The only problem is that I'm a terrible frady cat with a way too vivid imagination. Am I ever going to sleep again? I guess it's too late - I've read the first few chapters and I'm hooked!

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. new moon was my favorite. the last book was PAINFUL. in many many ways....you'll see what i mean. as cheeseball and teenage as they are, i've read all of the books and been at all of the movies on opening day, so no judgement from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, so sorry to hear you two were sick. No fun!

    I'm reading two fabulous books and I recommend them both. One is the new Jonathan Franzen book "Freedom," the other is by New Yorker writer Tad Friend and it's called "Cheerful Money."

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete