Monday, September 13, 2010

This post brought to you courtesy of Trace Atkins

I don't actually like all that much country music, but I heard the lyrics to "You're Gonna Miss This" and it just made me stop and think. Here are a few pictures of my munchkin over the last 16 months, and I cannot believe how much she has grown. Fall always gets me in sort of a ruminative state, and I've been thinking a lot about how quickly the time goes by. With a baby, that process speeds up even farther; I feel like it's been at least five years since I acted like me pre-baby.

So, I think I'm going to use this fall to try to take in more of the little moments and to focus less energy on where we are going. Lord knows, we are headed into the future quickly enough, so now is the time to sit back and enjoy the present.
For me, that means doing more fun things to mark the seasons - whether it's baking special Halloween cookies or wrestling someone into a Halloween costume, and also spending more time on the floor playing and less time folding laundry and playing on the internet.


How do you make the most of the here and now?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Baby K is just gorgeous.

    I feel the same way you do; I have no tips for you! I wish I could freeze frame life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just precious. Thanks for sharing! What a great post. I try, really try, to take in the little moments. We failed miserably as a family slowing down over the summer but fall is our time. It's a challenge to tell people "no" and not over-schdule our nights and weekends but we are working very hard at keeping the schedule open. That way we can take advantage of the little things around us, the park, the front yard, cooking in the kitchen...etc.

    Sorry for the long comment but this hit home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! BTW, solar powered, do you have a new blog or are you private? I can't seem to find you anymore! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete