Saturday, May 23, 2009

What We've Been Up To

Baby K is taking a tiny nap on her blankie, so I wanted to get back into the world of blogging - at least for a few minutes!

Mama Icing was dropped off at the airport last night, after three wonderful weeks of full on Nana attention. I miss her already. She was a master at soothing the fussies, and allowing me to get as caught up on my sleep as possible for a new parent! Hopefully she'll come back again this summer.

One of the best things my mum did was to make sure that Baby K and I got out for a walk every day. The weather has been beautiful here, and it certainly made me feel better to get out and get some fresh air. So, Baby K and I went out on our own this morning and it was wonderful. We're waiting for N to come back with lunch, then I'm planning to sneak out to get my nails done. My pedicure has done pretty well for the last four weeks, but I need a new one!

Sadly, I don't have any new recipes to post, for the simple reason that we have been living off of the things I froze pre-arrival. I doubt second time parents have time to do a lot of freezing and cooking, but if anyone is reading who is a first timer - it's such a life saver to have lots of meals stored up and frozen. Now that Mama is gone though, I think I'm going to have to do some replenishing, plus, we did think we found the definitive best brownie recipe - so watch this space.

In any event, I'm excited to catch up on all the blogs and start edging Baby K toward a rough schedule over the next couple of months. Happy Memorial Day and start of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment