I'm still here, and in the trenches of figuring out Baby K. We've had a few bad nights, but thanks to Nana Icing, I'm able to nap during the day, which is wonderful. Here is a top ten list of the last few days:
1. Cloth diapers are great to use as burp cloths and to line the changing table pad, the car seat, and pretty much anything else that Baby K may mess up - thus limiting washing to easy little cloths, not taking apart the car seat.
2. Setting up a changing station upstairs (our bedrooms are downstairs) has saved me so much time during the day. I keep a little canvas basket with diapers, wipes, Desitin and cloth diapers by an old towel laid out on a window seat. It is a life saver.
3. The Boppy. I had no idea I could love a pillow this much - but I do. I'm buying another one to leave downstairs. It really helps with nursing!
4. Leftovers/Food Gifts. We are blessed to have friends who make delicious food for us! This week I have not cooked at all, other than to reheat in the microwave! It is fantastic. We are able to eat nutritiously without a major expenditure of time! Today we got a most delightful surprise; a messenger arrived with a dozen Sprinkles cupcakes for us from a dear friend. How fun is that? I'll try not to eat them all!
5. Nursing clothing - great idea. I highly recommend Japanese Weekend - their tops are really cute and comfy! The nursing pjs are going to be one of my top picks for gifts to new mums!
6. Getting confirmation from Pottery Barn Kids that our glider has shipped! FINALLY! I'm really sick of nursing on a little stool in the nursery!
7. TIVO/DVR. Wonderful for those late night feedings, or when I'm trying to rock Baby K to sleep. I'm now caught up on all my episodes of Barefoot Countessa and Everyday Italian. CSI too!
8. My stroller. The Chameleon has been perfect for our daily walks around the neighborhood - and the bassinet has plenty of room for Baby K and some groceries/errands/letters. Plus, it is bright pink, so all the maniacal Westside drivers will hopefully see it before running us down!
9. Nana Icing - she lets me sleep in and take naps. She has been there done that for every possible childhood crisis, and keeps a cool head. And, she has magical powers over fussy babies.
10. Showers. I've been setting a goal of taking a shower every day. It feels so good to be nice and clean - even if my hair isn't blown out. I should also thank Nana for allowing me to do this!
I'm still trying to read all your lovely blogs, but tend to do it in the middle of the night, so I'm not commenting as much as before. I'll be back full force once we get some sort of schedule underway that is more than just feeding Baby K every 2.5-3 hours :)
Options for upcycling clothes
2 days ago