Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cupcakes







I know cupcakes are so 2005. But, I don't care. They are the perfectly portioned dessert, and they come in fun flavors. There are so many choices on the west side of LA that I thought I'd highlight my favorite places.
The top photos are the fabulous wares of Susie from Susiecakes on San Vicente in Brentwood. For my 30th birthday party, she graciously made mini cupcakes in delicious flavors (red velvet is fantastic). She also makes wonderful whoopie pies (vanilla buttercream sandwiched between two chocolate cookies). Also, I give her major credit for being a fellow member of the Junior League of Los Angeles!
Crumbs, in Larchmont, is rather a different affair. Their cupcakes are some of the biggest I've encountered...rather more like grapefruits than tangerines, but delicious nonetheless. They are slightly drier and less flavorful than Susiecakes, but their rendition of a Hostess Cupcake was infinitely superior to the original.



No comments:

Post a Comment