Friday, November 21, 2008

Life in LA - Some Good Things

I've lived here for 7 years. That's law school plus four years! While I will remain fundamentally Bostonian (down to picking out some cute Red Sox gear for the muffin), there are some truly awesome things about LA that I wanted to share - and here's what my thoughts are for this week:

1. Real Food Daily. I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian. But, I had the most delicious veggie burger there last night...I could not get over how delicious it was. It didn't taste like a tofu burger, it was totally delicious without trying to be meat. Sadly, their vegan chocolate coconut cream cake let me down, but as a chocolate purist, I think my standards are higher than others.

2. The Junior League of Los Angeles. LA sprawls on and on forever. People are in their cars so much of the time, and after college/grad school, you can feel like it's impossible to meet people. Plus, it's such a big city, and you feel like you don't know which volunteer organizations make the most impact. After I left my crazy law firm job last year, I joined up. It's amazing how good volunteering makes you feel, and the people are fantastic! So, it's worth getting up early tomorrow, cause I'm going to work at the food pantry to get ready for Thanksgiving!

3. The weather - it was in the mid 60's today.

I need to remind myself periodically how awesome it really is here! (The traffic can really get to me somedays!).

No comments:

Post a Comment