Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Musings on a Nursery

God willing, I will become a mum in the late spring. I've started this blog to ultimately share all the baby pictures with friends and family, without clogging their email inboxes. But, I'm not ready to share it until I actually have some decent content up. Since my due date is in late April (and I'm thinking realistically, early May), I have some time to think about nurseries.



I should start by saying that I'm not a terribly decor-oriented person. But, I live in a pretty cool and modern condo with an open, lofty floor plan, and we have just completed a pretty big home renovation project, so I want this nursery to be fun and happy. Since we may want to sell the condo in the next few years, I want the nursery to be clearly a baby room, but also not so "baby" and cutesy that it would be off-putting to potential buyers. I think it's safe to say that most people looking to buy a condo in our neighborhood are not families with lots of children.



Domino Magazine did a really neat short feature on nurseries, and gave me some inspiration. Once I figure out what the little muffin baby is, I think I have some good ideas. More to come on this subject, and definitely images!

No comments:

Post a Comment