Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wishful Thinking - Holiday Edition






If it were my perfect holiday, the muffin would have arrived already, so we could all snuggle by the fire and drink hot chocolate. (And, mummy could enjoy a few adult beverages). As it is, adult beverages all smell vinegary and totally unappetizing, and we have a few months to go before the muffin arrives (safely, God willing). So, for the first time in a while, selecting a winter party dress is more of a strategic than whimsical choice.
I own the bottom choice - it's Milly and I think it's a great choice for people in the beginning to middle of pregnancy. It's empire waist, you can wear a bra with it, and the underskirt could be easily switched out to a looser/stretchier fabric by a tailor as you grow. Plus, I think the shape is pretty flattering for new mums...I have a few events coming up in early summer (hello 5 year law school reunion!) and I think it can see me through quite a few. Except for day events, because I think black at summer outside events in LA is a little gloomy.
The other two are pretty and colorful - wishful thinking for next holiday season. Or, if I had a reader who isn't pregnant, maybe they could wear one and write to me? I think the blue of the Catherine Malandrino is to die for - and it looks snuggly and warm - it's cashmere!

No comments:

Post a Comment