Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Recap
















(Photos to follow), but I'm just sleepy and lazy right now. It was a cold and rainy Christmas here in LA, but wonderful nonetheless. On Wednesday night we went to dinner with family friends and watched the Christmas truck and carolers go by. Everyone was able to have a lovely time, because I drove. I'm building up lots of designated driver karma!

Thursday, I woke up at 6:30 to wrap presents, and have some quiet time with the cats up by the tree before our guests woke up. Then, we had a delicious breakfast of waffles and leftover tamales. Who knew they went so well together? I also had a DELICIOUS cup of coffee (I'm not drinking it that often now, so every cup tastes so good!). Then, I started working on some of the dinner projects, and snuck out for a walk during a break in the rain. It poured off and on all afternoon.

As for the verdict on the dinner - I still have work to do. The duck recipe from Barefoot Countessa didn't work as well as my old standby from Julia Child, but the potatoes, ratatouille and salad were all delicious. As were the molten chocolate cakes for dessert. They could save ANY dinner! After dinner, we all sat and ate dessert while watching Benjamin Button. I dozed off and on through the movie, but it seemed ok. A little too long, but sort of a nice story. (Kind of like this post!)

I'm off to work tomorrow and Tuesday, before having the rest of the week off. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment