Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Holiday Favorites












It is starting to feel a lot like Christmas here in Los Angeles. It's going to be in the 50's and rainy this weekend, my XM radio is pumping the Christmas music, and I've been spending money like it is going out of style. Since I haven't made my blog public to friends and family yet, I can share with you, random internet readers, what I've gotten so far:

1. For my SIL and BIL and spouse/girlfriend - a set of cool, insulated glass tumblers and some delicious French Breakfast tea from Mariage Freres. Check out http://www.theculturedcup.com/ which is a great tea/coffee supply store based out of Dallas!


2. For my husband: scotch (please no jokes about me driving him to drink :). But, I think I caused a bit of a stir at the wine store. I'm still in the phase when I can appear ambiguously pregnant, and I was wearing a loose blouse over trousers...so the bump was cocooned). The nice man helping me looked at me with curiosity, but he was very polite and didn't ask me...but I think he was relieved when I told him the scotch was for my husband and that I don't like it! I also got him cute little single malt glasses to drink it...I can join him with a single malt glass of juice.


3. For my mother and stepfather: it's a New England tradition, and I love them. The GURGLING COD! I have one, and it's such a great conversation piece. You can order them for your next Boston bride at http://www.shrevecrumpandlow.com/
4. For my baby brother - a check. Because that's what he really needs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment