And so it is. In that spirit (and because I'm feeling sort of lazy), here are my top ten fun plans for this summer:
1. Going to the beach with Baby Icing on a weekday - and bringing a peanut butter sandwich and fruit (my favorite beach lunch of choice) there's just something about sandy peanut butter :)
2. Planning a beautiful baptism and a nice party/lunch afterwards.
3. Taking Baby Icing to mommy and me yoga. I'm pretty sure that if she takes after me, she will be a little bored by the whole thing, and may not really buy into the tranquillity part.
4. Enjoying lots of chilled rose, pink champagne and margaritas (I am a total fraud and prefer margaritas of the strawberry or mango variety).
5. Breaking out the self tanner once I can actually reach my legs again
6. Taking a trip to Boulder to meet the great-grandparents who are so excited to meet her!
7. Going to my FIFTH law school reunion - yikes!
8. Planning a fun and special first Father's Day for N.
9. Taking Baby Icing for walks around the neighborhood.
10. Grilling for dinner and sitting out on my deck.
(Note, these all involve some sort of fantasy parenting of a very easy and happy baby that I'm sure won't actually happen, but a girl can dream right? At this point, a day without Tums is almost too exciting to contemplate!)
Today has been a nice and restful Good Friday. Our cleaning lady came this morning, so the house is all tidy for the holiday weekend. I had another checkup and it looks like things are starting to happen - not too much, but enough to make me feel like Baby Icing is at least starting to think about leaving. I got my toes painted the prettiest coral, and now I'm resting on the couch.
Oh, and I wanted to recommend the book pictured above. Orangette is one of my favorite blogs to read and I ADORE her recipes. Her book is also really good reading! I'm enjoying it so much...and noting which things I need to make!
For those of you celebrating Passover, I hope you are having a lovely holiday (and I'm sorry that my husband has eaten all the macaroons out of our grocery store), and for those of us gearing up for Easter, happy Easter!