Friday, April 24, 2009

The Last Weekend

So, Baby Icing did really well at our appointment today. She was "not stressed" at all during my non stress test, and has lots of fluid to hang out in. Frankly, I'm a little stressed that she won't come out, and am very much looking forward to the wee hours of Monday, when we get the process rolling and I get to meet her! I'm a little scared of induction, but I trust my doctor and it seems like I just need a little push to coax her out. Please cross your fingers that everything goes well, because I'm a little afraid of surgery!

So, given that this is the last weekend, I went for a pedicure (Peru a Ruby - OPI is awesome if you're pale like I am), stopped by the grocery store and tried another brownie recipe (Maida Heatter's "Palm Beach Brownies"). I'll try to post a review of them and the recipe tomorrow. I think we're going to lay low this weekend. I'm trying to order a cherry pie for N's birthday next Friday and to wrap up his presents. We'll go to some open houses and watch playoff basketball. Any suggestions of other fun things to do in a last weekend before parenting?

My mum is scheduling her trip, and will be with Baby Icing and I for a good 3 weeks (thank goodness, because scarier than having the baby is taking her home and taking good care of her!). So, I hope you have a lovely weekend, and I think I can safely say that early next week, I should be able to introduce my little one! Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to hear how things went and see pictures of your little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! I was induced and it all went well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of little Baby Icing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh i hope your absence means that all went well this weekend and that baby icing made her healthy, happy appearance on monday!! i can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete