Monday, February 16, 2009

Nursery - Step One

I have some challenges with the nursery. First, the only window is the sliding door. Secondly, the door to the room opens at one end - the same end as the closet and the sliding door. So, I end up with all the furniture mashed into the other part of the room.









This isn't the final placement, as I'm still waiting on the glider, but you get an idea of the challenges. I need to find a good lamp (or two, because there's no overhead light), a rug, and get some stuff for the walls. And, get the mattress delivered to finalize the bedding. (And do it all in 9 weeks). Yikes! Any suggestions? How do you think a nursery should be lighted?

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting so excited for you! How your life is going to change! If you have an overhead light fixture, you may want to install a dimmer switch on it. With the dimmer, you can check on baby during the night (and change diapers, etc...) without having the glaring, bright bulbs. Lamps are great, but it must be on something out of babies reach (that goes for the cords too--they LOVE them). Hope this helps. Look forward to hearing about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks so much - I need to be much more safety conscious. It's also a good point on the dimmer as I want to encourage good sleeping habits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading back through your old posts and I just LOVE your baby's room so far. The damask curtains are perfect and I love the furniture. I love how it looks so classic and not like a circus exploded :) Good job so far!!!

    Oh, and I have absolutely no suggestions for the above since I don't have kids yet but...my best friend has a dimmer for her nursery and she said it was the best thing she ever did. She can nurse the baby, change her, etc without turning on the bright lights (and thus completely waking up baby).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete