So, here goes:
- Roll over the 401k from my old job so that it's easy to keep track of it (and watch it lose money). Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't rush this one?
- Change all accounts to my married name. I had a period of time where my state bar registration was still in my maiden name, but now that is fixed, there is no excuse, and since I USE my married name professionally and socially, it should all match.
- Find an appropriate pull out couch/sleeper option to use in our loft/home office/de facto new guest bedroom.
- Clean out the closets. Specifically, reorganize them to allow all the stuff we have to be stored efficiently. (Note to self - do not start this project if I suspect labor is about to start, as I don't want this unfinished when Baby Icing arrives!
- Have my car completely serviced, including the "love tap" on the rear bumper.
- Research "mommy and me" type groups so that I'll have a list. I'm in the weird stage of having only a couple friends with children, and I think it would be great to have some other mum friends in the neighborhood.
- GOODWILL donation - books and clothes. There are some books that I've read once and they take up a lot of space!
- Organize my address list for the birth announcements. I may be lazy and have a calligrapher do them, and for that, they need to be in one central word document.
- Find a pediatrician!!!!! This is a priority! (I also need an internist for myself, but that's another story).
- Schedule baby CPR. We will need to take this class after Baby Icing arrives, because we can't seem to find an open class between now and April!
- Buy Mr. Icing a very nice birthday present, as his birthday is going to be pretty close to Baby's - I'm thinking he may need a nice bottle of scotch with all these changes going on!
- Finish up and prettify my new little home office closet - so that I actually enjoy doing paperwork there!
- Learn how to use the slow cooker. I'm going to be returning to work, and this seems like a nice way to make some tasty weeknight dinners!
- Research childcare options. Due to our schedules and office locations, we most likely need someone to come to our house, and I need to know the going rate, what is included, all that good stuff.
- Finish up a photo album of Mr. Icing and I that predates our wedding. We'll be married four years this July, just to give you an idea...it has been a while.
So, what do you have on your list? Realistically, I won't get all of this done, but it's good to have goals, right?
Also, how do I "follow" blogs? I'd love to follow all you readers and commenters, but in case you haven't noticed, I'm not the most tech savvy person out there!