Thursday, February 12, 2009

You're Glowing!

Some people apparently "glow" naturally when they are pregnant. I suspect that these are the same people who have painless natural labors and find that breastfeeding is really easy. I have a nice greenish tint, and am dry and flaky. So, here's what I'm using to get my fake "glow."

Stila cream blush, because sometimes your skin really is too dry for powder! Plus, it gets rid of the weird greenish tint I've had for the last few months. Will my skin stay green forever?
Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer (I don't think the oil free part matters that much, but I bought it over the summer)! It goes on so smoothly and offers really light coverage, some extra sun protection and a little bit of moisture.


The primer is great - it keeps everything on and smooth all day. Plus, it feels like it protects my skin from the nasty and dirty LA air. It really is gross. In the summer, we can't see the mountains! That's why I don't feel bad about keeping my color up during pregnancy, I'm breathing the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes on a bad air day here!

The concealer is great. It blends really well, and is very light. Finish up with some clear lipgloss and mascara, and you're good to go. I don't think I'll be able to keep up all of this once Baby Icing arrives, but I'm thinking the tinted moisturizer is sunscreen, moisturizer and color in one, so I can at least do that and lipgloss/mascara, right? How are you glowing these days? Anything I should try?

2 comments: