This is the ultimate in chocolate deliciousness! And, it's a recipe that used to give me a little trouble...the cookies made great crumbles over vanilla ice cream, but lacked structural integrity!
The recipe is Nigella's - she is the best!
Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Nigella Express)
4 oz semisweet chocolate
1 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted (I don't sift)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325. Melt the 4 oz chocolate in the microwave.
2. Combine flour, cocoa baking powder and salt in bowl.
3. Cream butter and two sugars in bowl or mixer. Add melted chocolate and mix.
4. Beat in vanilla and egg, then add dry ingredients. Finally, add the chocolate chips. There are a lot, but it's worth it.
5. Butter two cookie sheets and scoop out 1/4 c. balls of dough. Space them out about 2.5 inches on the sheets. Don't flatten!
6. Bake the cookies for 18 minutes. Now, here's the part that I was messing up before...you MUST let them cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
You can also make the cookies, and freeze the dough on the sheet, so you can freeze the little dough balls and bake later.
Enjoy! These certainly brightened up my Monday!
Organize the bedroom once and for all
2 days ago