Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prenatal Yoga? Yea or Nay?


I just wanted to share this DVD, because for me it's just right. I really like yoga, but wanted something safe for pregnant people. I have nothing against the inner visualization stuff, but really wanted a nice quiet DVD without a lot of talk. This is great. It's pretty challenging, but they offer lots of reminders to take a break. So, you feel like you got a nice stretching workout, which I need, because my back is starting to hurt! Plus, there are three demonstrators in various trimesters, so you can choose to follow the one who is right for you. It lasts about an hour, but there are a couple of points where you could clearly stop it early if you've had enough. All in all, I recommend it, and I'll be happy to pass it on to my pregnant, yoga going friends.
(I should note that people who practice yoga at a very high level would probably find this very simplistic, but since I'm mostly Bar Method, this is perfect for those nights when I can't get to class!)

No comments:

Post a Comment